There’s a saying in drag racing, “The quickest way to have a million dollars from drag racing is to start with two million.
Competitive drag racing in the faster classes of Nostalgia Super Stock ain’t cheap. A good engine is $25,000+ and a good transmission $7000. By the time you build a good looking, dependable and fast NSS car, you’ve easily have $100,000 in it. Then there’s the motorhome and trailer, race gas for car and diesel for motorhome – and don’t get me started on breakage.
I’m not going to insult anyone by saying I’m a pauper or that I’m not living the dream I always had as a young man – but I will tell you that I could use some product sponsorship help.
However, unlike most racers swinging from the tie of manufactures and dealers, I do have many things to offer a product sponsor in return.
- I’ve won multiple Wallys and the 2014 National Champion in Nostalgia Super Stock (a very large and very competative class) of NMCA.
- In eight full seasons of racing in NMCA, I’ve never finished lower than 4th.
- I’ve always fielded a unique and eye catching car that pulls the front wheels high.
- Product Sponsors have their larger advertisement at a prominent area of paint on the car, where contingency stickers are window only.
- I display a link to the sponsor’s site on the menu of the car’s web site.
- I put a linking banner to the sponsor’s web site on the side bar of the cars site
- I put large linking banners f the sponsor on eight web sites I administer.
- I’ll fly the sponsors banner on my trailer in the pits
- I’ll do my best to promote the sponsor in the pits, on the forums, and on Facebook when appropriate.
I’m not looking for anything close to a full sponsorship, but to just return many of the good parts I had to take off another race car going through a restoration, and some of the consumables lost through catastrophe or wear. The below us a list of racing parts I can use now so I can return what was borrowed from another race car, or soon need because of wear or attrition.
- 31″ x 15 10.5W slicks
- Set of High Quality Piston and/Rods
- Race Crankshaft and lifters
- Lightweight racing wheels
- Fuel System (High Volume gas/carburetor Pump and Filters)
- 16v Batteries
- Lightweight Disc Brakes
- Valves, Springs and Retainers
- Harmonic Dampener
- Torque Converter
- Billet Transmission Drum
- Aftermarket Mopar RB block
- Race Gas
- Ignition Box
- Starter Motor
- Body Wrap
- Ring and Pinion gear
- Motor, transmission and gear oil
- Front and rear shocks/springs
- Water Pump
- Radiator and e/fan
- Rear Axles
- Just about anything used in drag racing
If you can help, please email me at davetheoldhippie @ Gmail.com or call me at 713-899-7704. If you know someone who might be interested, would you forward this to them for me?
Thanks for reading this far